Fleet management projects are quite often similar to ship events. Ankeri therefore offers a customized way of synchronizing changes made in Fleet management to be reflected in ship events.
How are Fleet management projects and ship events synchronized?
If a Fleet management project meets the following conditions when saved, a ship event is created and the two are connected:
- Synchronization mapping has been defined for the project type
- Project happens the past (project date)
- Project date has been confirmed
Every time a connected Fleet management project is saved, the conditions are checked and:
- If any of the conditions are broken, the ship event gets deleted and the connection between the Fleet management project and ship event are removed.
- If the project date is updated and the conditions are still met, the date of the ship event gets updated accordingly.
- If the event type of the Fleet management project is updated:
- If the newly selected event type is not mapped => the ship event gets deleted
- If the newly selected event type is mapped to same type of ship event => nothing changed
- If the newly selected event type is mapped to a different type of ship event => old ship event gets deleted and a new one is created
The settings/mapping of this synchronization are set per company and must be done by an Ankeri employee. The settings are visible to all users with Admin access to Fleet management at Fleet management [...] -> Administrator: Board settings.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up or edit the synchronization settings for your company.