Fleet management projects are quite often similar to ship events. Ankeri therefore offers a customized way of synchronizing changes made in Fleet management to be reflected in ship events.
How are Fleet management projects and ship events synchronized?
If a Fleet management project meets the following conditions when saved, a ship event is created and the two are connected:
- Synchronization mapping has been defined for the project type
- Project happens the past (project date)
- Project date has been confirmed
Every time a connected Fleet management project is saved, the conditions are checked and:
- If any of the conditions are broken, the ship event gets deleted and the connection between the Fleet management project and ship event are removed.
- If the project date is updated and the conditions are still met, the date of the ship event gets updated accordingly.
- If the event type of the Fleet management project is updated:
- If the newly selected event type is not mapped => the ship event gets deleted
- If the newly selected event type is mapped to same type of ship event => nothing changed
- If the newly selected event type is mapped to a different type of ship event => old ship event gets deleted and a new one is created
The settings of this synchronization are set per company and must be done by an Ankeri employee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up or edit the synchronization settings for your company.