There two types of charterer questionnaire templates that can be managed in Ankeri.
- Questionnaires received via Ankeri
- External questionnaires received as a file
Administrator can get an overview of all questionnaires used by charterers in Ankeri from the following overview. By selecting a charterer from the list, the user is taken to the charterer's questionnaire, showing which fields are already mapped between and which can be added.
External charterer questionnaire templates can be uploaded and managed in Ankeri as shown below. If you haven't already prepared a questionnaire template, refer to Mapping of charterer questionnaire templates.
Uploading a new template
Before uploading your first template, the settings page is empty as shown below. To upload a new template simply press the Upload new charterer questionnaire template as shown below.
The button opens the following modal that is used to upload a new template with the following information:
- Title: This is the text used on the export link displayed to users on each ship profile
- Template: Use the button to upload a valid template
- Charterer: Optional input to keep a track of to which charterer the template belongs
- Comment: Optional input to keep notes about the template (only displayed to admins)
When required fields have been filled out, you can press the Save button to upload the template.
Reviewing a template
Once a template has been uploaded, it is displayed in a list of uploaded templates where it can be tested and validated before made available to users.
From the picture above it can be seen that the uploaded template has 178 fields that are mapped to a value in Ankeri and 121 fields that can be edited in the template but are not connected to Ankeri value. By clicking on the questionnaire's title or mapping, the user gets an overview of the questionnaire template as shown below.
Click on the X in the top right corner to close the review and go back to the overview table.
Each cell in an Excel template can have one of the four following states:
- Mapped field: This field is mapped to Ankeri field and will be updated with content accordingly.
- Not mapped: This field is editable in questionnaire without being mapped to a certain field in Ankeri.
- Comment: This field is marked as Comment field and can be edited in the questionnaire with comments and additional information. Comments are not counted towards the progress of a questionnaire.
- Not used: This field is not used in by this template and will not be editable in the questionnaire.
To change state of a field in the questionnaire template, simply click on the field in question and follow the instructions given.
Testing a template
Before a template is made available to users, it can be tested by an Administrator. This is done by selecting a ship profile from the dropdown and pressing the 'Excel icon' button. This will trigger an export for the selected template in the same way as user would see it once it has been made available.
When a template has been successfully reviewed and edited, it can be made available to users by toggling Show on ship profiles from No to Yes.
Editing or deleting a template
Templates can always be edited from the Edit button. This will open the same modal as when new templates are updated and offers the user to edit any of the inputs - including a new version of a template file.
In the case when you receive an updated version of charterer questionnaire from your charterer, you can simply
- download the existing template (by pressing the download icon at the beginning of the line)
- compare it with the updated one from your charterer
- add new lines to it and delete ones that have been removed
- upload the new template
To hide a template from users you can toggle Show on ship profiles from Yes to No, but to permanently delete a template you can use the Delete button. Note that templates that have been used in a questionnaire process cannot be deleted.
On the top of the page, there is a link to Charterer questionnaire mappings. By following that link you are taken to an overview of how all available charterer questionnaire templates are mapped to the fields that have been defined for your company.
In the example below, the company has defined and uploaded two templates (Example #1 and Example #2).