This feature is available for ship owners only.
When you receive a Microsoft Excel based charterer questionnaire from a charterer that is not using Ankeri to maintain its ship data, you can map the questionnaire to your Ankeri data and easily export all future requests from this same charterer.
The following shows how to map, upload and maintain such a charterer questionnaire template.
- Only fields connected to an Ankeri master field with a Ref.Id and data from Consumption tables can be mapped.
- User must make sure that same units are being used in Ankeri data and charterer questionnaire.
Example of mapping
To map an Ankeri field to charterer questionnaire, simply add the Ref.Id of the Ankeri master field in double curly brackets to the cell where you want it to be displayed as shown in the example below.
Mapping of data from Consumption tables is slightly different and follows the structure as shown on the following example.
- table: Which of the two consumption tables to be used; speed or mcr.
- XX: Main value to be looked up in the selected table. For speed this the value of the Speed (SOG) column and for mcr this is the value of the MCR column.
- condition: Draft condition of the vessel; design or scantling.
- value: Which value to show.
- For speed, this can be kgnm, mtd or rpm for kg/nm, MT/day and RPM respectively.
- For mcr, this can be power, mtd or sog for ME power, MT/day and speed over ground respectively.
During mapping of a charterer questionnaire template it can be handy to keep Mapping of fields to master fields as a reference.
Handling of mapped data
- If a field / mapping is not found during an export, the field is simply left empty. To review mapping of a template refer to the Upload section below.
- Formatting of data from Ankeri is exported as it is written in Ankeri. No formatting changes nor calculations are offered.
- The mapping example above is overly simplified. You can play with any desired format in Excel apart from the limitations mentioned in next section.
- Ankeri currently offers user to map a template based on Microsoft Excel files only.
- Images are removed from templates during export. Images should therefore not be used.
- Exporting of templates can not handle borders of merged cells in correct way. Borders of those cells will therefore be limited to one of the merged cells in template export.
- To map an Excel cell that contains dropdown from charterer, you need to remove the dropdown and treat it as a normal cell
- To do so, select the whole sheet (Ctrl+A) -> Data -> Data Validation -> Clear All
- Exporting to a dropdown defined by charterer is therefore done brute force, i.e. it does not take any validation rules into account.
Upload and edit charterer questionnaire templates
When you have finished mapping a charterer questionnaire template, it is time to get it into use in Ankeri. To do so, follow the instructions given on Charterer questionnaire templates.