Note that Users settings are only accessible for Administrators.
This article discusses how to:
- Change user access settings
- Adding a user to a user group
- Customise user settings
- Creation of new user
- Deletion of users
User settings can be accessed from the Settings page of the left navigation.
From Settings you can view an overview of all users, their email address, last login, user group and access rights that are directly applied to each user.
Users that have been disabled are displayed with a strikethrough while newly registered users have the user icon greyed out and show New user under Last login.
At the end of each user line there is an Edit user link from where user settings for each user can be toggled on/off as described on the following section.
More detailed overview of all users settings along with an option to export to Excel can be accessed by clicking on the expand icon in the top right corner of the Users section (as shown above).
Username can be changed by clicking on the pencil icon next to the username.
Basic information is given for the user:
- Email behind the user account
- Information about when user Last logged in
- Information about when user Last logged into Ankeri API
- Next email confirmation is shown for companies that rely on verifying user access as shown on Company settings
- Shows when next confirmation is needed
- If text shows Confirmation needed, then administrator can confirm email address by clicking on the link
- If text shows User excluded from confirmation, the user has privilege settings set by Ankeri support and will never need to confirm email address. This can be set for dedicated system or API users.
User can either be moved between user groups by selecting the correct user group in the dropdown or removed from user groups by clicking on the link next to it.
- IMPORTANT: When a user is removed from user group, she:
- Gets access to all fields, i.e. field restrictions that may have been applied are removed
- Keeps other settings unchanged until they are changed or user added to other group
The user settings shown in the Administration section are specific per user and independent of the user's user group.
- Enabled if user account is open to the user. If user is disabled, the user does not have access to any content on Ankeri.
- Administrator if user has administrator rights
- Ankeri API if user has access to Ankeri API
Administrators are not allowed to deactivate their own accounts nor can they remove their own administrative rights.
Although it is recommended to use user groups to change user settings for large groups, each user settings can be customised by editing access settings below the yellow warning as shown below.
User is disconnected from all changes made to user group until all customisations for that user have been reverted.
Customised users will receive an indication on which settings are customised (italic with *) and cannot be moved between user groups unless all customisations are reverted.
By not allowing a user Full export, the following restrictions apply:
- Export and printing limitations can be applied on fields by editing existing fields.
- Users will not be able to export results from Pre-analysis report.
- Users will not be able to export or print fuel tables and all information about review process and files is removed from print view.
- Print limitations only apply to the print view on each ship's profile. Users can still decide to print all information directly from the browser.
Charter parties settings
User settings for Charter parties are visible to Charter parties administrators only.
Create new user
To create a new user, refer that user to https://platform.ankeri.net where she can register via the Register here link. Note that a new user can only be created with email addresses that have a domain ending (after the @ symbol) that has been whitelisted for your company.
Once a new user has registered, an email will be sent to both the new user with instructions on how to log in and to administrators that will have to activate the user before he can see any content on the Ankeri platform.
Free user accounts are by invitation only and become active when a user (email address) is invited to view a ship profile from the Ankeri platform via Sharing.
Blacklisted email addresses
Note that Ankeri has blacklisted email addresses from free/public email providers such as @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc. The total list of blacklisted domains holds over 10 thousand domains.
Deleting a user
It is not recommended to delete a user from the Ankeri platform and administrators are encouraged to only disable users as show above. In case you really need to delete a user, please contact Ankeri.